There are many things I don't understand.
1. News reports say there is no seasonal flu in Ottawa, so if you get the flu, it is H1N1. They also say that the only people getting tested to find out the specific type of flu they have are people admitted to hospital. My question: how do they know there is no seasonal flu in Ottawa if they aren't testing to see what kinds of flu people are getting?
2. A young child died at Pearson International Airport in Toronto yesterday. It was a horrible accident. What puzzles me is the following line in the story: "A makeshift memorial was set up Monday morning near the area where the baby fell."
Why do people set up these memorials? I don't get it. I doubt it's the family - I'm sure they have many more important things to deal with right now. I'm assuming it was strangers -but why? Do they feel they're doing something to help?
3. If you were an insurance agent, why would you not return a call from a client? Are you unaware how easy it is to change insurance companies?
4. Why is OC Transpo (the Ottawa bus company) still not calling out the next stop. I've ridden the bus 4 times in the last month, and I've heard maybe two stops get announced - and I was on the transitway where stops have official names (not just "street x at street y"). They've lost a court case saying they have to call them out.
5. What will it take to get city council working again? Can I get elected dictator? City council is beyond pathetic. (Sadly, I live in a ward with a councilor who mostly is competent, so I won't be running. But I'd take the dictator job.)
(Small project today. I'm not done with the pictures that need to be put in albums, but I moved the full ones.)
9 hours ago