Saturday, November 28, 2009

Montreal

As I mentioned yesterday, Wanda's birthday is tomorrow. She took the weekend off of work (so that she'd be awake during the day, since she normally works nights), and she decided that she wanted to spend today in Montreal.

It's about a 2 hour drive, so we left around 9:45. We got a little misplaced, so we didn't park until 12:30.

The thing about Montreal is that when you get downtown, you can go into the underground city - shops below various buildings that are all linked underground. That's what we did.

We spent the afternoon walking around the various shops. Wanda bought some jeans and we both bought some Christmas gifts. By the time we headed back to the car (around 5), my legs were getting pretty tired.

Does everyone remember last year?

That's right, when I tried to leave the parking garage (a different one than last year), I had trouble paying. I put the ticket in, and it said to put in a credit card. I did, and nothing happened. I tried again. I changed the way I was inserting the ticket ... and the credit card. I tried a second credit card.

Finally, I pressed the intercom button and the security guard told me to park again, come inside and pay there. I was about to do that, but Wanda got out and managed to make it work. I still don't know what I did wrong, but at least I'm not still stuck in a parking garage.

We left Montreal, then stopped for supper. After that, it was time to head home.

You know, walking for 5 hours, then sitting for supper and the car ride home makes me walk like my legs are unfamiliar with the concept.

Anyway, I got home and did something that has been bugging me for a while - I organized the drawer that has all of my plastic containers. It only took a couple of minutes, and it's much less cluttered now.

No comments:

Post a Comment