Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting hot

It's kind of weird being perfectly healthy except for having had a fever for a week. It is good if your goal is to take afternoon naps, though.

This morning when I got up, I looked at my microwave.

Well, let me back up.

My kitchen is a decently sized room, but it has three doors as well as the first three steps to the basement, so there's not a lot of usable space. When I moved it, the counters were U-shaped. It was horrible - there was absolutely no room to have more than one person in the kitchen at a time.

Let's see if I can find a picture:

Note the microwave stand (which sat where the fridge was supposed to go but didn't because it was too tall).

There was room for a small table and chairs, but at the cost of storage space. I had the kitchen renovated four years ago.

Here's a picture from the same angle:

When I did, I got rid of my microwave and replaced it with an over the stove microwave/fan.

(Yes, the outlets are covered now.)

This morning, I decided to clean the filter for the microwave vent. I pulled it off and washed it, then I washed the part of the microwave that it was covering. I let it dry all morning, then I put it back on. (It probably didn't need to dry all morning, but it didn't hurt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment