Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Remember this?

Well, I never did go to the doctor about my toe. I kept it taped for 4 weeks, then took the tape off. It still hurt, so the tape went back on for another week. It's fine now.

I had my consultation today for the mass on my thyroid. This involved going to the Riverside Hospital. I've been here for almost 15 years, and I've only been inside one of the hospital locations (and that was probably 1996).

Anyway, my appointment was a 3. I got there about 30 minutes early, since I wasn't sure how long it would take to get there and find the right place. I settled in for a long wait, but it actually was only a couple of minutes before the nurse called me in to get blood pressure, height, etc. After that, it was back to the waiting room for another couple of minutes before the doctor called me in.

The mass is partially fluid, so the biopsy will be in the radiology department so that they can do an ultrasound to make sure they're hitting the solid part. He's cautiously optimistic that it's nothing to worry about (but, of course, it will take the biopsy to really determine what's going on).

2 comments: