Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wait, the decade is almost over?

Sydney mentioned yesterday that today is 100 days from the end of the year (and decade). (Does that scare anyone else?)

Anyway, she has decided to do something creative every day until the end of the year.

I have decided to join in - with a twist. I am not going to do something creative. Instead, I'm going to do something I have been (or normally would) procrastinate about.

Today, I spent some time shredding some of the papers that needed to be disposed of.

This has been on my to-do list for ages, but (as I discovered today) my shredder has been unplugged for 7 weeks, so obviously it hasn't been happening.

Let's hope no more than 50% of my updates are about shredding.

3 comments:

  1. How did you discover it has been unplugged for 7 weeks? Is there a counter on it? :)
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been putting off buying a shredder for years - how's that for procrastination? I need a bigger place to have one, I think. Luckily one of us has always had shredding @ work.

    I'm excited that you're doing a project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I unplugged it just before Bella arrived, which was 7 weeks ago. :)

    Sydney, it's an excellent idea, and really there was only one way I could go with it. It's a flexible commitment that doesn't require hours a day, but I know from experience that if you spend 10 minutes a day doing something, you can accomplish a lot.

    ReplyDelete