Saturday, September 5, 2009

Get in the ring

I've talked about Choosy Beggars before. The thing about that site is that it's entertaining, but it also makes me believe that I can make whatever they are talking about. That happened this week. As a result, I was inspired to make onion rings.

They turned out well. Admittedly, I got distracted eating the rings off the first pan, so the second pan got a bit - well, let's say extra crispy. I also substituted various ingredients, but that's typical for me - I rarely make a recipe exactly as written - possibly because I never look at the recipe before going grocery shpping. Still, they were a success.

2 comments:

  1. Colette, how delighted are we that you tried - and enjoyed - these onion rings? THank you so very much for the kind words. The thing is, I truly do believe that OF COURSE you can make everything that we do! After all, I'm particularly lazy and anything too difficult just won't get done, so I'm always certain that if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!

    Again, thank you for trying out another one of our recipes and we're so glad that you were pleased!!!

    Take care,
    Tina & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's not that I can't cook, it's more that I hate thinking of what to make, which means I always end up making the same things. Choosy Beggars gives me inspiration to make things that I would never think of.

    ReplyDelete