Monday, September 14, 2009

At least I hurt myself in interesting ways

I didn't go to the gym today.

When I got up on Saturday, my foot was a little ... off. It didn't really hurt, but it just seemed like something wasn't exactly the way it was supposed to be.

Saturday was the annual community corn roast, and I had volunteered to help out. I showed up at 11 to help set up. I helped out for about 1.5 hours, then headed off to the grocery store.

Once I got the groceries home, I had a couple of hours to kill, then I headed off to work in the kitchen at the corn roast at 4. The concession area stayed open until 10, which meant I was on my feet pretty much constantly for the 6 hours I was there.

My feet (and legs) were sore when I left, but in a tired way, not in an injured way.

When I got up Sunday morning, I was fine, except that my right foot wasn't going in the same direction as the rest of me. As I walked, it was turned out at about 45 degrees.

Again, it didn't hurt, it was just ... really odd.

When I wear proper shoes, my foot is aligned properly and all is well, so I suspect it will fix itself in a few days. I probably did something to it at boxing, and compounded it by standing on it for 8 hours the next day.

Still, it seemed best to skip the gym.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better.

    Several years ago I went to bed feeling fine, but woke up not able to turn my neck to the right. It was very annoying. Several chiropractic adjustments took care of it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate, I have a tendency to discover I've hurt myself and not have any idea why. Today I have a huge bruise on my arm. I don't bruise easily, and when I do bruise it's not usually visible for several days after it happens - by which time I vaguely remember doing something, but not what it was.

    On the bright side, my foot is going in the same direction as the rest of me today.

    ReplyDelete