Sunday, November 7, 2010

A step in time

It has been five years since my kitchen renovation. I haven't had any problems with the tile floor except in one spot - the two steps that lead out to the porch. It didn't take long for the first crack to appear there.

A month or so ago, another tile cracked.



Today I decided it was time to deal with it.

I have lots of leftover tile, so option one was to replace the broken tiles. The major drawback is, of course, that they could crack just as easily as these ones did. You see, the steps are wood and thus more prone to movement than the rest of the floor.

Option two is to go with wood steps. The drawback to this is that I probably would need to replace the wood - the steps that are there now are cracked.

I lifted the tiles from one step to evaluate the situation.

And ... still not sure. I'm leaning toward the wood option, but I'll need to do a bit more investigating first.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment