Saturday, November 6, 2010

Boxing on Saturdays

I mentioned on Twitter a while ago that I'm boxing on Saturdays this session.

It's my own fault - I didn't sign up because I was waiting to find out if I'd get extended at work, and by the time I got extended, my usual Wednesday class was full.

It's nice to have Wednesday nights free, but it makes every Saturday feel busy.

The class at my level is offered at noon on Saturdays. Last time I boxed on Saturdays, my class was at one. Somehow, noon is a much easier time to deal with.

Boxing is pretty strenuous, and I really have to pay attention to what I eat and when I eat it. When class is at one, it's hard to decide whether to eat lunch at 10:30 or at 3. Neither works particularly well.

When I box at noon, though, it's an easy decision - I eat lunch afterward. Classes do sometimes run late, but I would expect I'll always be home by 2, which isn't ridiculously late for lunch on a weekend.

Also, since I'm home by 2 (at the latest), it doesn't feel like the entire day is gone. Somehow, getting home at 3 makes me feel like the afternoon is over and the weekend is speeding by.

Despite the fact that the Saturday class is working for me so far, I will hopefully go back to Wednesdays in January.

Assuming I sign up in time, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment