Friday, July 18, 2008

Ankle

So a couple of years ago I injured one of my ankles. I have no idea what I did. I did all the right things afterwards - rest, ice, compression, elevation - and it got better. However, it has never made its way back to 100%. (In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I've never consulted a doctor or a physiotherapist about it, it really wasn't ever all that serious.) I still wear an ankle brace when I exercise, especially for yoga, which is the class I'm most likely to hurt myself in.

(I didn't hurt myself today because I skipped it for no good reason whatsoever.)

Anyway, my ankle was irritating me today, so tonight I did some ankle exercises.

I liked the isometric strengthening exercises and my ankle felt better afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. I've busted up [broken mostly] my ankles 4 times [three times on my left, once on my right]. My left never healed from any of the breaks. In the interest of full disclosure I never did my isometric exercises. So good for you.

    Due to my knee injury though I don't think about my ankles anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite - now that I've hurt my ankle, my knee no longer bothers me as much.

    ReplyDelete