Sunday, January 20, 2008

Botswana

Today I'm in Botswana.


I started the day on the flight from London to Johannesburg. It was about 12 hours, and we were delayed slightly in London because we had to wait for a runway (since we couldn't use the usual runway due to the "incident" last week).


I got into Johannesburg around 7 a.m. local time (midnight in Ottawa) and spent an hour in the Johannesburg airport. Then it was time for a quick flight over to Gabaronne. (I have no idea if I'm spelling any of this right, and I'm too lazy to look it up, so bear with me).


The airline lost my luggage. I miss clean clothes. :(


I then met our agent in Botswana, Ex. He brought me to the hotel, and then off to an ATM to get local cash. (Minor issue there - one bank machine told me both my bank cards had expired. Luckily, the other bank machine worked.)


I'm now in my room, and just hoping my luggage shows up.


My colleagues are on a later flight, so they should be here this afternoon.


The view from my hotel room window:



The view looking out the door:






Edited to add: My colleagues arrived. Their luggage is also MIA. We are going to look pretty funny at the customer meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment