Friday, March 13, 2009

Not sure where I was going

And ... this is why I haven't been writing every day. Today was a day where nothing unusual happened. Work, boxing, lounging around at home.

I'm on my second time through level 3 of boxing. The first time through each level is always confusing - there's new skills to master, and it takes a while for your body to figure out how to move. Subsequent times are still challenging - there's a lot to remember, and it's still a really good workout - but not as bad as the first time through.

One of the nice things about being in an advanced level is that I know a lot of the people in my class. There are multiple classes at each level, but by the time you get to level 3 there are only 5 classes - and if, like me, you need a class that starts at 6:30 or later on a weekday, there are only 2 classes. As a result, I've been in previous classes with several of the people I'm in class with now. Everyone is quite friendly, and we typically discuss the class in the locker room while getting changed and taking off the hand wraps.

If you're wondering what my point is, so am I. Let's go with "boxing is fun" and "I need sleep".

No comments:

Post a Comment