Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to normal?

I started today with a dentist appointment at 8 a.m. It wasn't as hard to get out of bed to get there as I had expected it to be. My normal hygienist is on maternity leave, so I had a different one today. She seemed very new. Definitely a change.

My appointment finished at 8:35, which left me 40 minutes to kill before I needed to leave for my next appointment. This one was the biopsy. That's right, after waiting for almost 6 months, they called me on Thursday with an appointment for the next business day.

This seems to be common with some medical professionals - they think that theirs is the only schedule that matters. It's annoying - but I wanted it over with, so I went along with it. (Also, I'm still unemployed, so I really have no reason to complain.)

The biopsy itself was OK. They did an ultrasound to make sure they were hitting the right part of the mass, and then used three needles to get what they needed. Somehow, I only see two marks where the needles broke the skin. It looks like I was attacked by a vampire.

The downside is that up to 30% of the time, they don't get a conclusive result from these biopsies, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment