Monday, June 30, 2008

The word "spoon" has lost all meaning

You know how sometimes you thing "that's odd" and then go on with your day, only to realize later that it was in fact odd & you should have done something about it?

Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, today I ate yogurt with a grapefruit spoon. This was not intentional. Here are the steps required for this to happen:
1) See spoon out of place in the cutlery drawer (but not really by the normal spoons), wonder briefly why it's there, and put it in the spoon section;
2) Grab spoon (& fork & knife) out of the drawer to put into the lunch bag;
3) Think "gee, that spoon is pointy". Put it in the lunch bag.
4) Go to eat yogurt & realize that the pointy spoon is, in fact, a grapefruit spoon.
5) Briefly consider walking to the kitchen at work to get another spoon. Reject it, and just eat the yogurt with the grapefruit spoon.

I have to say it was a little distracting - the serrated edges don't seem right with yogurt.

Sadly, I don't have my camera at work, so I can't provide a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment