Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spaghetti

Today was a busy day. However, I did make it home in time to cook spaghetti squash for dinner. It was enjoyable, but really, really hard to cut in half.
For those who are unfamiliar with spaghetti squash, it is a squash (obviously) which, when cooked, naturally peels off into pieces that look like spaghetti.
Basically, I cut it in half (with help from my sister - it's a two person job), scooped the seeds out, put it cut side down on a cookie sheet for 35 minutes. Next I scooped out the spaghetti-like strands and added a little butter to it. It was crunchy, and probably my favourite of the squashes I've tried. Plus it looks like something it's not, which somehow makes it more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Squash of all kinds grosses me out. I sometimes end up eating it in restaurants as vegetarian options can be limiting. I've never tried this type of squash so it's encouraging to hear something positive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where in the world did you get that idea? no offense, but i wouldn't pair spaghetti and squash together...
    how are your lawn grubs doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family loves spagetti squash and it goes really well with Arribata sauce. The way I do it is put the whole squash in a pot, cover it with water, and boil for 15+ minutes. It is really easy to cut open and shred the squash out of it with a fork.

    Jen R

    ReplyDelete