Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolving

So how did I do on my 2011 resolutions? Unlike 2010, I didn't do a 6-month recap, so it turns out I'd forgotten about some of these. Oddly enough, the one I didn't do is one I remembered, I just ... didn't do it.

1. Go to at least 3 social events at which I know fewer than 10% of the people.

This one I remembered, but I thought it was 2 events. I went to a career fair, the funeral for a neighbour's father (which wasn't strictly social, but was still anxiety-inducing), and BOLO. (OK, technically the career fair wasn't social either. Oh well, I'm still calling this a pass.)

2. Go on two bike rides. (Seriously, I haven't even taken my bike outside in three years.)

Um. Well, we all know I went on one bike ride, but that's it. It turns out I don't like purposeless bike riding. Maybe I should ride to work.

3. Patch the hole in the bathroom wall (from the plumbing debacle this fall).

It took longer than it should have, but this one is done.

4. Go through my closet (again) and actually donate the clothes I cull.

Done, mostly, although I could stand to do it again.

5. Make it to level 5 in boxing.

Done.

6. Do a first aid course. I need to just bite the bullet and give up a weekend to do this.

I totally forgot about this one, but I did it anyway.


Now for 2012:
  1. Be employed for at least 10 months of the year (ideally 12, of course, but my contract is up January 30, so that may not be possible).
  2. Come up with a workable, challenging exercise schedule.
  3. Reconsider home phone service, reduce the monthly cost.
  4. Increase my emergency fund by $8000 (which will be easier if I pull off #1).
  5. Organize/clean the sewing/Sparks room. Man, that room is a disaster.

1 comment:

  1. You just reminded me that I need to follow up on my December To Do list.

    And Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete