Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions New and Old

Let's start by looking at my 2010 resolutions, shall we?

1. There are currently 4 different types of body lotion in my bathroom. By the end of the year, I want there to be no more than two.

>> Back in July, I said this was done, but the resolution says end of the year. You see, my remaining container of body butter was getting low, and it goes on sale after Christmas, so I bought another container (of a different scent). I opened the bag yesterday, and ... they gave me a sample size of a third scent. Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to use it all up yesterday, so this is a technical fail (but a pass on the spirit of the resolution, which was to stop using half a container of lotion, then changing to a new one).

2. Get a job. (This is actually more important that the lotion resolution.)

>> Done. I started my current job Feb. 23. OK, it's a contract, but it counts ... right? My contract was up Dec. 23, but I believe it has been renewed.

3. Make it to level 4 of boxing.

>> Done by the end of April.

4. Go on a road trip.

>> Kingston in September and Montreal in December.

5. Clean out my closet and get rid of clothes I don't wear anymore. Drop them off to a charity that will use them.

>> Six months after the last update, I still haven't taken the 20 minutes to drop off the clothes.

6. Take a first aid course.

>> Did not even make an attempt at this one. I really don't want to do it - but I want to have done it.

7. Go camping (not counting Spark camp).

>> Done. Rideau River Provincial Park in July.

8. Go cross-country skiing twice.

>> Done. Once in January, once in December.


Now for my 2011 resolutions:
  1. Go to at least 3 social events at which I know fewer than 10% of the people.
  2. Go on two bike rides. (Seriously, I haven't even taken my bike outside in three years.)
  3. Patch the hole in the bathroom wall (from the plumbing debacle this fall).
  4. Go through my closet (again) and actually donate the clothes I cull.
  5. Make it to level 5 in boxing.
  6. Do a first aid course. I need to just bite the bullet and give up a weekend to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment