Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wringing out

I'm back from camp.

It was a lot of fun. We arrived at the Papanack Zoo a little before 11 and set up camp. There was a little rain while we were setting up, but it wasn't bad. After that, we had lunch, then we started our tour of the zoo.

Because we were doing a group camp, we had a guided tour of the zoo. We saw the tigers, donkeys, bison, goats, peacocks, a panther, baboons, swans, boars, foxes, and a bunch more animals I don't remember. Most of the afternoon was hot and sunny, but there was a sudden downpour that resulted in some of us getting wet, so we went back to camp to change and rest.

After supper, everyone got a cone of food to feed the more domesticated animals. We also had a campfire, then we got to watch them feed the lions.

It was an interesting day, and the girls had a wonderful time.

This morning we had to get up at 7. I woke up at 5 and thought "Yay, it's not raining."

The rain started at about 6:30.

We struck camp in the rain.

(Yes, I do have 2 tents drying in my basement.)

We were supposed to leave at noon, but it was cold enough and wet enough that everyone was gone a little after 11. (Since this was a mother-daughter camp, we had the luxury of ending early.)

It was a good experience. Maybe we'll go back in a couple of years.

2 comments:

  1. My boys' favorite Scout camp outs were the ones where something went wrong. I don't think the leaders enjoyed them as much, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, the girls had a good time even with the rain. The rain itself didn't bother me as much as the thought of having to dry everything when I got home. It wasn't as bad as I had expected, though.

    ReplyDelete