Thursday, June 17, 2010

Belly dancing

I'm on the late shift this week, but yesterday I switched with a co-worker so that I could attend Wanda's belly dance performance. (I even skipped my last boxing class to attend.)

It was at the University of Ottawa. I drive through the campus every week on the way to boxing, but I've only been there once before, so I was a little concerned that I'd get lost (especially since I only got off work 1/2 an hour before the performance started).

It wasn't too bad, actually. I found parking and walked in the door just on time. Luckily, it was a belly dance show, so they started late.

Wanda's costume (which she started making on Sunday, which was far too late) looked good and I enjoyed her dance.

This show had performances by a lot of the local teachers and their students, so there were varying degrees of skill. Most of them were fun to watch (although there were a couple of soloists who were ... interesting at best).

After about an hour, there was an intermission. Afterward, Wanda and one of her classmates came to sit with me.

My major complaint about the evening was that the part after the intermission was longer than the part before the intermission. That's just wrong - but that's how the last belly dance show I was at was organized as well. By the end, I had had more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment