Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Easily distracted by anything shiny

I met with the recruiter today. It was a good meeting, but the job he had me in mind for is essentially off the table - they made an offer to someone. Still, a good meeting.

On the way there, I stopped at Lee Valley Tools. I'm consistently amazed at the service there. This time, I had ordered my stuff yesterday for pickup. From parking (right in front of the door in the express pick-up spot) to turning on the car to leave, I think it took a minute.

I also returned the call from the other recruiter - I'm meeting with her on Thursday. This could be interesting, because I am having problems concentrating on anything this week, and it's just going to get worse as the week goes on.

In other news, a while ago one of my anti-procrastination projects was going to be to fix a cloth shopping bag I had that one handle had come off of, but I couldn't find it. I found the bag while doing my organizing, and today I sewed the handle back on.

I also finished my Christmas shopping today, as well as putting the rest of my pictures into albums. Since it's almost Christmas (when I won't be home), I'm getting motivated to get a lot done. If only I had an attention span of longer than 10 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. I Loooooove Lee Valley. Such a great place to get original and unique Christmas gifts. Their website is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. They have a lot of things you can't get anywhere else. And the service is always wonderful - I was there on a Saturday in December a couple of years ago, and the store was so crowded that the people grabbing a number before me were speculating whether they were 3rd or 103rd, and it was faster than it normally was because they had actually staffed appropriately.

    ReplyDelete