Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Busy as a bee

Sometimes I wonder how I got everything done when I had a job.

Today I went to the gym around noon.

I also applied for some jobs, deposited more cookie money in the bank, returned a book to the library, got another book out of the library, and returned the excess cookie supplies to the grocery store.

I did some more cleaning of the desk and shredding of papers as well.

Tomorrow I have to take the car in (the steering is making some noise), so I will be gone all day. (I'll get them to drop me off at ITO, since I can work on my course in the morning and go to a seminar in the afternoon.)

Friday will be the usual busy-ness of the gym and boxing. Saturday I plan to do nothing. I am very much looking forward to it.

In a completely unrelated note, I recommend Rick Mercer's rant from last night (found here). My personal pet peeve is people who stop their carts in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how your activities grow to fill the time you've allotted to them? I'm sure once you get a job you won't be any busier than you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one problem I had with Mercer's rant was that I've always believed that if you feel the need to walk up an escalator, take the stairs, that's what the stairs are for.

    My own beef is with people who get to the top of the escalator or who step out of an elevator and stop, creating difficulty for the people behind them who have no choice but to keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    You're right - and if I were employed, I would spend my time differently.

    Connie,
    I agree you shouldn't be required to walk on an escalator, and it doesn't bother me if the people in front of me are standing still. If there's no one in front of me, I will usually walk.

    I also completely agree that people who block a doorway (or supermarket aisle entrance, or anywhere that impedes the flow of traffic for everyone else) are
    annoying and should know better. Actually, a week or two ago I was somewhere (can't remember where) on an escalator and the family in front of me got off and stopped. Luckily for them they moved in time, because I didn't have much choice. I really wish I could remember where that was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I've been working, my house has fallen into a rather disastrous state. Also, it's a busy time of year, and aside from my tiny tree, I've done nothing else Christmas related. While I'm not working full time, doing retail is physically tiring for me so when I get home, I need to recover, not do laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand that - it's a lot of being on your feet, with the potential for lifting things and stretching in odd ways. It would be tiring. A lot of the disarray I'm working my way through is leftovers from when I was working - it wasn't unusual for me to get home at 7:30 (after the gym), which didn't leave much time for stuff around the house.

    ReplyDelete