Monday, July 27, 2009

A bear magnet? You mean something that attracts bears?

Do I start every post with "I didn't mean to disappear"? It feels like I do.

I actually had thought about posting something on Friday, but I was too lazy.

Anyway, Friday at around 4:30 I was at work, and it started raining pretty hard. I didn't want to get soaked, but by 5:15 getting soaked was preferable to staying at work any longer, so I ran for the car. I was wearing capris, but the 4 inches of standing water between me & the car (along with the continued downpour) meant that I got soaked to the knees anyway.

Of course, by the time I was three blocks away, the sky was clear.

After I got home, I went to work on a project my niece volunteered me for.

You see, I made her a polar fleece bathrobe for her birthday in February. A couple of months later I was talking with her on the phone, and she said "Big A [my cousin's daughter] wants a bathrobe just like the one you made me."

Long story short, I volunteered to make bathrobes for my cousin's 2 kids so that Bella can give them as birthday gifts.

Bella is coming for a visit on Wednesday, so the bathrobes needed to get done.
I had finished one the week before, but I cut out most of the second one and sewed it on Friday. It only took 1.5 hours, which wasn't bad at all. Hopefully the girls will enjoy them.

In completely unrelated new, I went out to the car this morning, and I found 2 AAA batteries and a bear magnet on the front seats.

I have no idea where they are from. I asked Wanda about them (since she was the last one to drive the car) but she claims she has no idea. It is very odd.

3 comments:

  1. Those robes look so cozy! =) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious of people that can sew! I would love to be able to make my own clothes since nothing fits me properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't actually make stuff for myself - I see all the flaws - but I like making stuff for the various kids in my family. And polar fleece is really easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete