Thursday, April 2, 2009

The best laid plans

I think I've mentioned that I had an agreement with my manager that I would work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays until I felt better. I know I mentioned yesterday that the exhaustion is gone, and I'm feeling better. I was intending to go in to work today.

I got ready, put on my jacket, put on my shoes, picked up my laptop bag, reached for my keys, and ... they weren't in my pocket. I looked on the bench inside the front door. They weren't there. I checked the end table. Still no keys. Eventually I reached the conclusion that Wanda (who was the last one to use the car) had taken them to work with her. The end result? I worked from home today.

1 comment:

  1. I've totally done this before [well, not given keys to your sister, but...yknow]. I felt like such a dork when I realized I couldn't lock my own door. I actually called in sick to work...I was too humiliated to tell them the truth.

    ReplyDelete