Friday, January 23, 2009

There is no whining in this post

I've mentioned boxing many times. I've also mentioned that I'm now in level 3.

In level 1, you work on the double hit on the speed bag. That consists of hitting the speed bag with the front of your hand, waiting until it hits the back of the platform, the front of the platform, and the back of the platform before you hit it with the side of the same hand. The bag again hits the platform 3 times, then you repeat with the other hand.

In level 2, you work on the single hit. This consists of hitting the bag at a 45 degree angle with the side of your hand, letting it bounce 3 times, then hitting it with the front of the other hand. You repeat this 10 times, then switch to the other side.

Now that I'm in level 3, I'm working on the double bounce. This is similar to the single hit, except that the bag only bounces once between the side hit and the front hit. The hands are supposed to move together, as if you're holding a bar in them.

It's pretty hard. I will be working on this for a while.

No comments: