Friday, September 5, 2008

I really have gone to an unusual number of movies this year

When I first moved to Ottawa, I used to go to movies at the St. Laurent mall on occasion. That theatre closed years ago. It stayed closed for a couple years, and then opened as a theatre that played movies that had finished their first run in theatre.

I used to be a big fan of the X-files. Like many others, I kind of lost interest before the series ended, but when I heard there was a movie coming out this summer, I knew I would go see it.

I left for Botswana the day before it opened. I returned with a bad cold 2.5 weeks later. The movie lasted 3 weeks in first-run theatres. Obviously, I didn't get to see it.

Today I saw a movie at Rainbow cinemas in Ottawa.

I had seen preview for the movie before The Dark Knight while I was in Botswana. It looked pretty bad. I am pleased to say that the movie was better than I expected (but I wasn't expecting much).

Today's preview? The Dark Knight.

I was beginning to feel like I was stuck in a loop.

2 comments:

  1. That's good to know. I was a big X-Files fan [started watching in the second to last season - it's just what I do]. I didn't see the film because I heard it was awful...but now I will try to catch it @ a rep. cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started watching in season 4, I think - shows I start watching in the first season are inevitably cancelled. The film isn't great - it's on the level of some of their weaker episodes - but I was expecting it to be horrible, so it was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete