Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy

Inspired by Golf Widow and Things I`m grateful for, today I made a list of things that make me happy.

Here it is.
  1. The birds singing outside. It gives me hope that spring might someday arrive.
  2. Sunshine - let's call this the silver lining to our drawn-out winter - the days are sunny and there's no rain.
  3. Boxing. There is nothing like the feeling that I get after a killer hour long boxing session.
  4. Jelly beans - which admittedly I should stop eating before I make myself sick.
  5. The internet.
  6. Dixie Chicks concerts
  7. The fact that I don't have to worry about clean water or sufficient nutritious food.
  8. Song: Terri Clark, Damn Right
  9. Movie theatres. I never rent movies - I am too easily distracted and will wander off before I figure out who is who in the movie - but I like going to theatres to watch movies (even if it's only once or twice a year).
  10. TV on DVD. With TV on DVD I only have to learn who the characters are once, and thus I don't wander off as often. I have no idea why it works that way, but it does.
  11. Camping. Sitting around a campfire with nothing in particular to do and all day to do it in.
  12. Frequent flier lounges at the airport.
  13. My friends.
  14. Those chocolate truffle things from Costco. I don`t know what they`re actually called, but they are very, very good.
  15. Album: Brad Paisley, 5th Gear
  16. Living in a place with 4 distinct seasons (even though winter is attempting a hostile takeover of spring).
  17. My family. As George Burns said, "Happiness is having a large, loving, close-knit family in another city."
  18. Saskatoon berries
  19. The writers strike is over & TV is coming back.
  20. The sound of rain on the roof while I’m dry & warm inside.
  21. Karaoke machines. (Note: This may not make people trapped in a room with me & a karaoke machine happy, but this list isn’t about them. )
  22. My job.
  23. The people at Visa who watch out for credit card fraud.
  24. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - a trilogy in 5 parts.
  25. Garlic. Especially that garlic dip from Farm Boy.
  26. My new computer reboots much, much faster than my old one.
  27. My niece. She had her 4th birthday party at the museum (because she loves dinosaurs). Here’s our conversation about it:
    Me: How was your birthday party? Did you have fun at the museum?
    Her: Yes.
    Me: Did you see dinosaurs?
    Her: No (in a mocking, you must be kidding tone).
    Me: No?
    Her: No, dinosaurs are extinct. That means they are all dead.
    Me: Oh. Did you see dinosaur bones?
    Her: Yes.
  28. Arrogant Worms concerts.
  29. Flowers in the spring.
  30. Driving down the highway in the spring with the windows open.

  31. The amazing people I’ve worked with, especially the guys.



  32. Pens that write well.
  33. Fresh tomatoes from the garden in the summer.
  34. Committing to doing a new thing every day is giving me the push I needed to do things that I’ve been thinking about for ages.
  35. French fries with that mystery spice on it. I have no idea what it is, but it’s on the fries at Baton Rouge, and it was on the fries at the place across from my high school.
  36. Facebook has allowed me to get back in touch with friends I had lost touch with.
  37. Alabama’s The Cheap Seats, which somehow captures the feeling of sitting outside watching a ball game.
  38. Income tax software.
  39. Mahna Mahna
  40. Harvest sunsets on the prairies.
  41. Hanging clothes out on the clothesline in the summer.
  42. Ice cold water on a hot day.
  43. The first snowfall of the year.
  44. Anne of Green Gables. I read it as a child, and then bought it before a plane ride as an adult. It’s embarrassing to giggle out loud on a plane while reading silently to yourself. Especially at a children’s book.
  45. West Jet
  46. My dishwasher, also known as the only reason I ever put dishes away.
  47. Wiki How
  48. Sting Rays.
  49. Sequoias
  50. Blogger makes doing things like uploading photos easy.










  1. S
    F
    B

1 comment: