Saturday, February 9, 2013

Now I see where I went wrong

So the whole "work from home on Monday" thing did not work.  I ended up taking a sick day.

I did work from home on Tuesday, though - and then felt worse on Wednesday.  Thursday and Friday I worked afternoons only, since mornings are worse than afternoons.  (It's not that I had a headache, just that I had no energy.  Typically, I'd step out of the shower and realize that I needed to lie down immediately.)

Naturally, I had to go to a Spark/Brownie/Guide/Pathfinder sleepover last night. My Pathfinders were there, as were some of my Sparks from last year.

The sleepover was at Cosmic Adventures.  For those of you who haven't been there, it's a giant indoor play structure.  Thankfully, it's also pretty good at absorbing squeals of overexcited children.

The first hour and a half was free play time, so I was able to sit (or lie) on a bench.  After that, we had a snack, made a craft, and did a quick scavenger hunt.

(The Pathfinders did very well, by the way.  They organized games and helped the younger girls with their craft. They even went to bed at a reasonable hour, and luckily my bed was far enough away that I have no idea what time they went to sleep. I warned them in advance that I was going to be useless in the morning and that they were going to have to help, and they did, even though they were obviously exhausted.)

I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, and I woke up around 5:45, which means I got ... not nearly enough sleep.

When I woke up, I had a "not enough sleep" headache, but otherwise, I felt fine.

Clearly my problem has been that I've been sleeping:
a) too much;
b) in a room that is too quiet;
c) on a bed that's too comfortable.

I hope I still feel OK tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment