Sunday, February 3, 2013

I have an inflatable neck pillow that I bring with me when I fly.  Naturally, I packed it for  my trip to San Jose.  However, once I was actually on the plane, I couldn't find it. 

I checked when I got to the hotel, and couldn't find it then, either.

Once I got back, it showed up in my purse very time I pulled out my wallet.  I finally took it out Friday night.

On Saturday morning, I got up and started breakfast. I noticed that it was snowing, so as soon as I finished eating, I slipped on some shoes and went out to find my phone. I walked onto the driveway, and immediately slipped.

I caught myself, took another step, and lipped again. I fell backwarsds and hit my head.

I lay there for about 20 seconds, then rolled over ahd tried to get up.  I fell the first time, but the second time I succeeded. I went tthe rest of the way to the car and found my cell phone immediately.  I carefully walked back inside.

I knew I was hurt, so I found my first aid book and looked up head injuries.  It was pretty convinced I needed medical attention, so a half an hour later, I was at the hospital.

I didn't have to wait long, but I was fine with waiting - I didn't feel the need to read or anything, as I was content to just sit there.  (I could have used my neck pillow, though, because I really didn't want to keep my head up on my own.)  After about an hour and a half, I saw the doctor and was told to go home and do nothing - no TV, no interenet, no reading.  Basically, the treatment for a concussion is to avoid thinking whenever possible.

I spent yesterday lying on the couch.  I was hoping I'd feel better today - and I do, a little - but I spent today lying on the couch as well. (I took a shower and then needed to rest for an hour before I had the energy to get dressed.)

Of course, tomorrow is Monday, and I'm supposed to be at work.  The best case scenario is that I work from home -  I don't want to go in to work and then be too tired to get home.

Man, I hope I feel better tomorrow.


  1. Yay, you found your phone! Boo, you got a concussion out of it! I've heard it can really knock you out for a few weeks. Take it easy and be sure to get lots of rest - I know it will be hard for you, but do it!

  2. I'm finally getting around to reading some posts and just came across yours. Sure hope the concussion is all recovered by now and that you are doing fine. Be careful on those icy paths.