Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The ick is going around

There's some sort of flu going around work.

Well, maybe more than one.

People are dropping like flies (although without the annoying buzzing around  your head first). I've asked if I can order a giant bubble to work in so that I don't get whatever they have, but apparently there's no budget for a giant plastic bubble.

Of course, people get sick all the time, but this one is knocking people out for much longer than usual.  One of my former coworkers was off for 3 days.  I've known her for 3 years, and I don't think she's missed 3 days in total during that time.

I do not want whatever they have.

I can't be sick next week (cyst removal, doctor's appointment that's already been rescheduled twice, Pathfinder sleepover).  Two of those things I'll be at regardless of how sick I am, but it would be nice if I wasn't sick at all.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment