Sunday, April 27, 2008

Houseguests

I mostly use the front door. The back door is only used for things like gardening or taking out the garbage.
Since garbage day is Tuesday, and I haven't done any gardening this week, I haven't used the back door in a few days. Today I used the back door, and a bird immediately flew away. I looked up at the porch light, and there was a nest between it and the roof.
I don't particularly want a nest there, so I climbed up and looked in the nest to see if the bird had laid eggs yet. There are 3 eggs in the nest, so I'll leave it alone until they hatch & vacate the nest.
As you might be able to tell from the picture (taken later in the day), it's a robin's nest.
I'm a little concerned that the robin might get a little stressed today, because I'm doing laundry and hanging the clothes out in the back yard. Hopefully she'll adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment