Sunday, October 6, 2013

Where I've been

Remember this? A week and a half after my car stopped in the middle of the road, the check engine light came on.

Again.

It was time to start car shopping.

I've been saying for about a year that I want a Mazda 5. No, it's not the SUV or the cute little lime green car - it's the shrunken minivan that looks kind of like a station wagon.

A couple of weeks ago - on a Tuesday night, immediately before 2 days where I worked from 3 am to noon, and three days before Pathfinder camp - I dragged Wanda out to a Mazda dealership. We both drove a Mazda 5, and the salesman ran some numbers (that came in at $6000 more than I got from going to their website to price it out). He came down to a final number that was only $2000 more, and I walked away.

And then I had no time to do anything about it, due to the crazy work hours and Pathfinder camp.

(Camp was lovely, BTW - we managed to pick the nice weekend in between 2 rainy weekends, and the wandering bear we were warned about must have moved on.)

I was off last week, and one of the things I wanted to do was go car shopping.  (Actually, the list of things I wanted to do but didn't do could fill a ... well, a list. It's on my fridge.)

On Friday, I decided I should do something so that I didn't waste the entire week, and I went to one used car dealership.

I pick up my new car on Tuesday.

Yes, it's a Mazda 5.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats. I've heard great things about the Mazda 5 - hope you love it! In other news, our middle daughter joined guides this year and had her first camp this weekend, and LOVED IT. I can't tell you how appreciative we are of the leaders and the insane amount of work they did to make this camp happen. You're doing fantastic work, Colette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Lynn! I'm glad she had a good time.

    ReplyDelete