Sunday, July 29, 2012

Organized

This house was built in 1959.  I believe, I'm the third owner. 

Right now, there are three steps in the kitchen, then a little landing, then you walk into the porch, which is where the rest of the stairs to the basement are.

The porch was added by the second owners. From what I've heard, the stairs to the basement originally started in the kitchen, basically attached to the three stairs that are there now.  Moving the steps allowed for a bigger dining room.

That's great. But, when the porch was added on, they didn't allow any space for stuff - jackets, boots, shoes, gardening supplies, etc  All the porch is is two doors and a set of stairs. 

 
Looking from the kitchen into the porch
Not long after I moved in, I added 4 hooks on the wall to the left of the outside door,and a picture with 4 hooks on the wall to the right of the door. Back at the beginning of July, I took down the picture and replaced it with 7 hooks:

This weekend, I put up some IKEA kitchen rods and organizers:
Note the optimistic cycling supplies, in case I want to go for a bike ride on a moment's notice
It's still not great, but it's a little better than it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment