Sunday, February 12, 2012

Level 5

This week was week six in boxing.

So far, I'm enjoying this new level - it's a challenge, and I feel like I'm working hard. Surprisingly, the hardest part is remembering what we have to do.

In every class, we do these stations:
  • skipping (4)
  • reflex bag (1)
  • heavy bag (4)
  • speed bag (2)
  • shadow boxing (1)

The heavy bag, shadow boxing, and reflex bag are the same combinations, which leaves me three stations I need to remember.

This week, here's what we did for the heavy bag:

  • Combination 1 - jab, right, upper cut, upper cut, slip, hook to the body, hook to the head
  • Combination 2 - jab, right to the body, hook, duck & rotate, hook to the head, upper cut, slip, hook to the body, hook to the head
  • At 30 seconds, hit & move

I can do all of that, my problem is remembering it.

I think I'm going to suggest temporary tattoos we can put on our arms so that we have something to refer to when we get to the station.


No comments:

Post a Comment