Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red & White


Happy Canada Day, everyone!

I worked today - in my job, we work stat holidays. The good side of that is that we can take the days off at other times.

There are some nice parts to working on a holiday - there is no traffic and the floor is quiet because our department is the only one working.

Also, my manager told us all to leave early today. I did not object in the slightest. I left 45 minutes early and drove to a local pick-your-own strawberry place. This is the first time I've been this year, and the season is almost over. I picked two baskets. Man, there's nothing like the taste of strawberries still warm from the sun. I swear they're 20% less tasty by the time you get them home.

Besides Canada Day, today marks the 1/2 way point of the year. It seems like a good time to go back and revisit my resolutions. Let's see how I'm doing (and which ones I've forgotten about).

1. There are currently 4 different types of body lotion in my bathroom. By the end of the year, I want there to be no more than two.

>> Done. As of this morning, there was one type of lotion (but two containers of it).

2. Get a job. (This is actually more important that the lotion resolution.)

>> Done. I started my current job Feb. 23. OK, it's a contract, but it counts ... right?

3. Make it to level 4 of boxing.

>> Done by the end of April.

4. Go on a road trip.

>> Um, no. Forgot about this one.

5. Clean out my closet and get rid of clothes I don't wear anymore. Drop them off to a charity that will use them.

>> Half done. I've done the cleaning part, just not the dropping off part.

6. Take a first aid course.

>> Forgot about this one, too. I want to have taken a first aid course, I just don't want to give up a weekend to do it.

7. Go camping (not counting Spark camp).

>> Half done. The trip is planned, it's just not completed yet.

8. Go cross-country skiing twice.

>> I only made it out once. Maybe it'll snow before Christmas?

How are you doing on your New Year's resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making good progress on improving yourself and your life.

    I don't make resolutions anymore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you. :) I don't usually (except for 2008, which was of course why this blog exists) but I was hoping it would prod me into doing things I want to do.

    ReplyDelete