Sunday, July 25, 2010

Remembrance


When my dad died, I volunteered to make something for my niece to remember him by.

My mom gave me six of his shirts. They sat on my table for a couple of months. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them, and I wasn't in a rush.

However, my mom and my niece are coming to visit in a couple of weeks, so it was time to make a decision.

I decided to go with a pillow idea. My mom & sister agreed that it was as good a direction as any.

The next decision was what pattern to use. The defining moment there was when I realized I had 3 plain shirts and 3 plaid shirts. Triangles it was.

I paired up each plaid shirt with a plain shirt and cut 4 triangles from each. Four triangles made one square, so I had 2 squares of each colour combination.

I joined the squares together and sewed them to a pillow case. Here's the finished product:


1 comment:

  1. I think that's a lovely idea. Your pillow looks great.

    ReplyDelete