Friday, July 30, 2010

Yup, another boxing post

This week is week three of the five-week summer boxing session.

I'm not taking the summer session, because two of those five weeks I'm on the late shift, which doesn't finish until 8 p.m.

This week I'm on mid-shift (finishing at 6:30), so I took advantage of the school's drop-in program. I made arrangements with the coach in advance, then showed up before class and paid the drop-in fee.

The summer session is different from the regular sessions in one important way - all classes are open to all levels. That means that a given class can have students from level 1 all the way up to level 6.

The last time I did a summer session I had just finished level one, and I remember two things about it:
- it was like a regular session, but with the easy classes taken out, and
- it was nice to see what happens in the other levels.

Now I'm in level 4, and it's a lot easier (because the regular classes get harder as you move up). Also, I've now done most of the levels, so it's not as interesting.

It was still fun, of course, and a good workout. I'm planning to drop in again next week, then it's a break until September.

No comments: