Friday, March 5, 2010

Let's talk about work

Let's talk about work - without, you know, talking specifically enough that I get fired.

Week #2 is now over, and I definitely feel like I'm starting to know what I'm doing. I don't know how to do everything, of course, but I am actually able to contribute. Last week, it felt like I was napping while everyone else worked like crazy.

I talked last week about how this office supplies soft drinks, juice, etc. I'm still thrilled with that. Don't get me wrong - most of the time I drink water - but it's nice to not have to worry about bringing other beverages from home or having change to buy them.

This is a customer service job, and I have to say that it's probably the most consistently busy job I've ever had. There's a lot of variety and a lot to keep track of.

There's a parkade under the building and I get a parking pass since I work there. The nice part of that is that I never have to clean off the car after work - in fact, if I had a house with an attached garage, I'd never have to go outside.

Of course, that's not such an issue these days - spring has definitely arrived, if only temporarily.

I'm starting to get into a routine - getting to work by 8, leaving at 4:30, and going to the gym afterward (except on Tuesdays, when I go to Sparks instead). I've decided that two days a week I'll catch a BodyPump class and the other two days I'll just do my own thing. I like BodyCombat classes, but they're all too late for me to go after work, and if I go home first there is no way that I'll go back to the gym.

I'm not nearly as tired as I was last week, due in part to me starting to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Who knows? Maybe next week I'll even be able to update during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment