Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hey, there are people around here!

This has been another week of unseasonably warm weather. In fact, the snow on my front lawn is almost gone. The front lawn usually takes forever to melt for two reasons:
  1. It's on the north side of the house, and
  2. That's where the snow from the driveway ends up.
Due to the time change, it's also light later - it's 7:30 now and the sky is still relatively light out. When I got home at 7, it was still quite light.

You can also tell it's spring by the fact that there are people on the streets. That's right, the winter hibernation is over.

On the way home, I saw two kids playing a game of catch (or something), a kid skateboarding on his skateboard ramp, and kids playing street hockey.

In my backyard, I saw two small rabbits - not babies, but they didn't look full grown either.

It's possible that we'll still get snow, of course, but at this time of year, we know it's not going to last. That makes a big difference.

2 comments:

  1. I am ready to have the warm weather! Had a nice fire last night, though when the evening chill came into the house..... In between seasons, my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the changing seasons too. I can't imagine living somewhere without the drastic changes.

    ReplyDelete