Saturday, February 13, 2010

Monkeys for the monkeys

I'm still fighting a cold - I'm feeling better today, but I'm still coughing rather a lot. I didn't want to leave the house, but I'm working on a project for my niece's birthday and I needed some fiber fill. I couldn't wait until Monday - it's a holiday here, so I don't want to count on stores being open. (Yes, I could go tomorrow, but will I really be feeling that much better by then?)

Anyway, since I had the fiber fill, I finished my first sock monkey.

I have two more to make for my cousin's daughters (to celebrate the arrival of their new baby brother).

You know, all of these kids can read. One day they'll discover my blog and I'll have to be a lot more careful.

Hopefully today is not that day.

The other thing I did today was make Bocconcini Stuffed Mediterranean Bacon Pull Aparts.


It was good. I poured too much parmesan on top, though - next time I will definitely cut that down. My theory was that bread that contained cheese, onions, sundried tomatoes, and bacon was a full meal, so that's what I had for supper tonight.

5 comments:

  1. I like the colors! My friend went on a sock buying binge for me and I have 35 more to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of energy for someone who's sick - I think you have more energy sick than I do healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathy! They're nice and fuzzy as well - I got them at the dollar store.

    I don't know, Connie, most of this involved sitting still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to tell you this before, but your bread looked AMAZING! I'm so glad that you gave this recipe a shot.

    PS - it totally counts as a meal. Mike and I both brought leftovers to work for lunch the next day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tina! It did turn out well. And yes, I have now had it for more than one meal. :)

    ReplyDelete