Thursday, April 8, 2010

What do you call a sunny day after 2 days of rain?

Well, after the weekend's beautiful weather, the universe has retaliated by making the week cold and rainy - which, let's face it, is the opposite of the way these things usually work.

This week is my first week on the mid-shift. That means I start work at 10 and finish at 6:30.

When I work the day shift (as I have been since I started), I get up around 6:30, get to work by 8, work until 4:30, then go to the gym. Mondays and Thursdays I go to a class at the gym that starts at 5:30, so I finish that at 6:30. Basically, I get home at the same time now.

I went to the gym Monday morning for a 7 a.m. class, only to find out that it was canceled since some people (government employees, mostly) had the day off. Instead, I spent half an hour on the elliptical trainer and managed to mess up my foot. It's my own fault - the machine I picked squeaked if I stepped in the middle of the foot-thingy, so I kept moving my foot to the left. It turns out that that was a bad idea.

Since I hurt my foot, I haven't gone to the gym. As a result, I have tons of time in the morning. This morning I cleaned the house (including mopping the kitchen and bathroom) before I left fr work. Sadly, my leisurely mornings end tomorrow, since my foot is now recovered.

Next week, I'm back on the day shift, but the week after that comes the late shift (11:30 - 8). I'm kind of curious about how I'll like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment