Sunday, April 11, 2010

Have you seen my sweater?

After the week of rain, this weekend has been mostly sunny. It's wonderful. I don't realize how much I miss sunshine until it appears after days of rain. It's not as summery as last weekend, but still a very nice weekend for April.

I also managed to accomplish a lot this weekend. Yesterday I counted all of the cookie money and took it into the bank. After that, I went to boxing. It was coach's corner week, and I found out that I get to move to level 4! (Part of me still thinks I hallucinated that.)

Yesterday evening, I cleaned out my dressers and closets. I was looking for the sweater I couldn't find at Christmas. Yes, it's still missing. I didn't find it, but I did create a big garbage bag of clothes to be given away. Sadly, I do need new clothes - most of mine are wearing out - but yet I won't wear the ones I'm giving away. I now have a lot of empty hangers.

After that, I buckled down and finished my taxes. I usually do one pass and then wait a week or so that I can go back and look at it with a fresh eye to find all of the stuff that I missed the first time. Yesterday I did my second pass and filed them. What with being unemployed for 5 months of the year, I wasn't sure what to expect, so I was relieved to find that I am getting a refund. I'd prefer to break even - they don't owe me and I don't owe them - but a refund is definitely better than having to pay.

When I moved into this house, there was one of those things on the screen door that makes it close if you leave it open. (I have no idea what they are called and I'm too lazy to look it up.) Anyway, it kept falling off the door, so eventually I took it off until I had time to fix it properly.

*cough*

About a month ago - when I replaced the chain, in fact - I was at Rona and I saw newfangled replacement door-closing thingys. (I really should look up what they're called.) I bought one and started to attach it after I had replaced the chain, but it was cold and I broke a drill bit off in the hole I was drilling and then ... I just let the drill sit by the front door for a month and ignored the half-completed project.

This weekend was my weekend to finish it - in part because my Sparks are meeting here on Tuesday and having a drill sitting by the front door seems like a really, really bad idea. This morning I attached it, only to find out that I couldn't open the door enough.

I went out for an enjoyable lunch with some friends, then I came home and moved it. It is finally finished. (Yay!)

Both last weekend and this weekend have seemed longer than usual. Last weekend, I assumed it was because of Easter, but apparently that's not it. Maybe it's because I'm all adjusted to my new work hours and I'm waking up earlier?

Regardless of the reason, it's a nice situation to be in.

2 comments:

  1. I am so envious of you and your taxes, and you and your clean closets. I seem to put of the taxes later and later every year....and I try to just ignore the big beasts made of junk living in all our closets. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My anti-procrastination project last year was really good at getting rid of the massive too-big-to-tackle areas. I mean, I still have some, but most of the house is in manageable disarray.

    Last year I believe my taxes got done the last weekend, but I wanted to get them done earlier this year - in part because my sister was out last night and I could use the computer in her room to get them done. :)

    ReplyDelete