Friday, August 8, 2008

Lights...camera...


Normally, I would hesitate to use a movie as a new thing.
However, a few years ago, I was in Scotland when a Harry Potter movie (the third one) came out. It opened a few days earlier in the U.K. than it did in North America, and I ended up going to see it (mostly so that I could torture my sister by seeing it before she could).
Anyway, when I went to buy the tickets, they asked where we wanted to sit. You see, in the U.K., buying a movie ticket is like buying a ticket to live theatre in North America - you not only get a ticket to a specific time/date, but also to a specific seat. When we got to the theatre, there were ushers to show us to our seats.
Anyway, since it will take me about 10 minutes to pack & I don't have to leave until 11 tomorrow, tonight I went to a movie* in Botswana. It turns out here you also get a ticket for a specific seat. There were no ushers, but it was an early show - perhaps there are ushers at busier times.
* The Dark Knight. Nothing fascinating, but a decent way to waste 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment