Sunday, May 10, 2020

I miss being able to get stuff

On April 4, Wanda dropped and broke the coffee press. I went on to Amazon, discovered that they weren’t shipping for a month, then ordered on from IKEA. They charged me immediately.

A couple weeks later I contacted them and asked how delayed they expected it to be. The person I chatted with told me it was being shipped that day.

A week after that, I ordered coffee press #2 from Cabela’s. It was supposed to arrive May 6.

In the meantime, I tried to contact IKEA again, but neither chat nor phone support was available for days. I finally tweeted at them and got them to cancel my order (and supposedly refund it, but that hasn’t happened yet.)

I also put a coffee press in my next grocery order. (It was out of stock, so no luck there.)

May 6 came and went, with no coffee press. It appears that it’s lost in the mail, since it hasn’t moved since Tuesday.

Friday I ordered a coffee press for pickup. I got it today. (Canadian Tire came through!)

(The Amazon one would have been faster.)

1 comment: