Sunday, March 15, 2020

Letters from my couch

Ottawa got its first confirmed case of the Covid-19 virus last week - and as of earlier today the number is 10. The Ottawa Catholic Churches are closed, Girl Guides events are cancelled, and Ottawa Public Health has advised people to stay home.

I’m pro staying home - we have plenty of food, and are ready to spend significant time here - but my employer hasn’t yet told us to stay home, which means I have to go in for my French test tomorrow.

It’s weird having nothing urgent to do. I’m taking a group of Girl Guides to Yellowknife next year, so  usually I’m preparing for a fundraiser or filling out paperwork - but right now there’s nothing that needs to be done. It’s strange.

I have done some prep for our next craft night in May, but that’s a long way away!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard from you in so long! Thank you for coming by and leaving a few lines. I am delighted to know you are still blogging, and still supervising Girl Guides.

    ReplyDelete