Monday, July 3, 2017

Spontaneous dinosaurs

As usual, life has been busy.

Last weekend, I spent Saturday helping my cousin take out her lawn. It was about 8 feet by 16 feet, which doesn't seem like it should be a lot of work, but let me tell you .... 9 hours and 2 trips to Home Depot later, it was mostly done. Somewhere in there, we also went to McDonalds for ice cream. We ordered at the automated kiosk and had them bring us our food using their magic coaster system.



I'd intended to go to a movie on Sparks Street afterwards, but I did not.

Here's the final result:

This weekend, I went downtown for Canada Day. I did not go to Parliament Hill - the security line was daunting - but did go to the inspection of the guards (where I saw Prince Charles) and then to Major's Hill Park, where a large screen was broadcasting the show from the Hill. 

I didn't bring my dinosaurs, but there was one there anyway for some reason.





The only downside was the bus home, which was stopped for 45 minutes for a motorcade. Still, a good day.

And, in the midst of all this, I'm having my basement renovated. I'm very much looking forward to it being done.




No comments:

Post a Comment