Sunday, January 8, 2017

2017 Resolution

Late in 2016, I started thinking that I should maybe leave the house more. In 2008, I was pretty good at getting out and doing things around town, and, since this is the 150th anniversary of Canadian confederation, there are going to be a lot of things going on this year.

And then I saw a post on the internet of someone who went on vacation and took pictures with toy dinosaurs in them, and thought "why not combine the two?"

So this year, I am going to do something outside of my regular routine every week. (I realize it may not be achievable every week, but that's the goal.) And then I'm going to take a dinosaur picture of it.

The rules:
- it doesn't have to be something totally new, just something I don't do on a regular basis. So building a rocking chair wouldn't count, because I regularly build things, but sitting in a giant rocking chair somewhere would count.
- it can be solitary/with people I see all the time OR it can be in the house/yard, but not both.

I had considered going out and building a snowman today, but it's cold and dry, so the snow's not really suitable. Instead, I took a walk over to the local playground, since I've never done that in winter.



It was a really small thing, but the sun is shining and I found my mood improving as I walked.

1 comment: