Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Melodic dreams

Last night, I woke up at 2.

I have no idea why. It didn't snow, so it wasn't a snowplow. Wanda was home and presumably asleep, since she had an exam at 9:30 this morning. There were no unusual noises. Nothing was happening. I just was awake.

And I thought "Hmm, this is weird. At least it's early enough that I'll be sure to fall asleep again."

By 3, I was regretting tempting fate like that.

And oddly enough, thinking "I have to go to sleep, I'm going to be really tired tomorrow" does not help at all.

I don't remember anything between 3 and 5:30, so I must have fallen asleep again, but by 5:30 I was definitely awake. At that point, I didn't expect to go back to sleep. After all, my alarm goes off at 6:30.

Naturally, I fell asleep anyway.  And dreamed.

A complicated action story.

That turned into a musical.

Even in my dream, I was surprised. Where did that come from?

And why isn't it the first time I apparently composed a musical in my sleep?

1 comment:

  1. I've had one or two nights like that - so strange, and it's eerie to be up and trying to sleep and not able. I'm always torn between getting up and getting something done, or continuing to try.

    You should make some notes on your musical! This could be your big break :).

    ReplyDelete