Sunday, June 24, 2012

The rib bone's connected to the ...

Last night, I went to RibFest. 

I have to say, I was shocked at how many people were there.  Outside of Canada Day, I don't think I've ever seen downtown that crowded.  I didn't really expect that.  For one thing, ribs are pretty specific.  For another, the festival was on for four days.


My default parking location downtown is World Exchange Plaza - it's easy to get to, it's conveniently located, and it's free on weekends.  Today I had to park on level 4.  I never have to park on level 4.  I actually thought there was something else going on to bring so many people downtown.


Award-Winning Ribs
I was with a friend, so we split up and got ribs at two different stands. Both of them had long lines.  (Actually, all of the stands had long lines.)  Hers was faster than mine, so she waited with me.

When we both had food, we went to the War Memorial and picked a bench.

We then swapped, so we both got to try both kinds of ribs.  They were both good, but surprisingly different.

I did not need the bib.

Dental floss would have been nice, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment