Thursday, April 5, 2012

They're in my hair!

I can always tell it's spring when the spiders move in.

For some reason, they live in tiny webs up where the wall meets the ceiling.

I'm not a huge fan of spiders - unless I'm at camp, then I'm all "oh, the spiders live here, this is their home" - so I usually try to weasel someone else into killing them, but if that's not possible, I'm quite capable of doing it myself.

The thing is, though, when the spider is on the ceiling, there are really only two choices:
  • vacuum
  • broom

The broom is easier - it's usually closer, to start with, and it doesn't require an electrical outlet, but if you take that route, you end up with an angry spider on a broom, and that tends to end with an angry spider in an undisclosed location.

I usually go for the vacuum.

Or I go for the unofficial third choice - pretend you didn't see the spider and go somewhere else.

On Tuesday night, I took the relocate approach. You see, I went into the kitchen. In one corner, there was a spider. In the opposite corner diagonally, there was another spider.

I assumed I'd stumbled into some sort of turf war.

I backed away and hoped they'd settle it without my involvement.

When I came home yesterday, the kitchen was spider-free.

At least, I hope it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment