Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yesterday at boxing we were doing two head-body-head combinations. The first one was fake the jab, right to the body, hook to the head. The second one was fake the right, hook to the body, uppercut.

My coach is a former olympic boxer, and he asked if anyone had see The Fighter. Now, he's been talking about that movie since it came out, but I hadn't seen it yet. Anyway, in the movie, they use head-body-head a lot, and he started talking about how he used to do that when he fought, and "if you break the ribs, you can hit them however you want".

You know how someone lights up when talking about something they really love?

Anyway, today I went to see The Fighter. It's about a boxer named Micky Ward, and it's based on a true story.

If you're intending to see the movie and you don't want to know anything that happens, now would be a good time to stop reading.

At one point, one of Micky's opponents is being asked who he would like to fight. His answer is Gatti, and I was proud that I had heard of Gatti before. His poster is in the gym - you know, the Gatti vs. Ward poster ... oh.

Apparently, I'd heard of Micky Ward before, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment